.

Sunday, January 5, 2020

My Experience At The Technical Side Of Writing - 979 Words

I expected coming into this course and not having a clue what I was doing. I also expected not being able to complete each task properly and on time. The reason I was expecting these things to happen was because I am not good at the technical side of writing. I am often discouraged from writing about topics that I do not want to write about; also learning the technical parts of writing can be frustrating for me. I thought that I was going to be overloaded with chapters to read and a ton of work that I did not want to do; however, this was not the case. This class was not as bad as I expected. I was able to keep up while still maintaining my grades. I was able to hand my assignments in on time as well. The McGraw site was easy to navigate and the information was all very helpful as well. In a sense this class met my expectations but more so in a positive way than a negative one. I was pretty confident in my writing abilities before the beginning of this class. When I was in school English was one of the only classes that I could pass with flying colors. I always received compliments from my teachers and friends on my writings. I once had my teacher tell me that an essay I wrote on a cheesecake was so descriptive it literally made her want to go buy a cheesecake. I was also nervous about my writing abilities in this class because I had never written a college essay before and I was not sure if I would be able to comprehend new concepts. I feel my writing abilities haveShow MoreRelatedCritical Thinking Reflection1121 Words   |  5 PagesW233 helped shape my writing and critical thinking by reframing my concept of what constitutes a good piece of writing. Prior to this course, I thought that a good paper consisted of an argument supported with solid word choice and consistent organization throughout to guide the reader through each paragraph. My thoughts at this time were more focused the â€Å"what† of an argument, but I learned that in order to write a great paper—especially one that involves mediating an argument—it is equally importantRead MoreThe Case For Intern As Oracle And Sql Developer1614 Words   |  7 Pages20171 Supervisor: Mr. Raj Kilaru ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES My role is an Oracle PL/SQL developer in Sriven technologies, working for a client. Some of roles and responsibilities are †¢ Design, develop, testing and support the Oracle Applications †¢ Need to develop SQL Scripts, Packages and Procedures †¢ Work with the business analysts and DBA’s to review and understand the business requirements and functional specifications †¢ Involved in writing pl/sql packages, procedures, functions and triggers whichRead MoreMedia Communication : A Reflection On Media And Communication1108 Words   |  5 Pagesout to complete 80-hours at the New South Wales Rugby League to earn valuable experience in my chosen field of media and communications, but came out the other side with much more. On one side, I completed my goals of bettering my writing skills, writing media releases, a basic learning to manage the media, improving my communication skills and working in a media environment, but I never thought my learning experience would go so far beyond these intended objectives. Examples of this including dressingRead MoreThe Discourse Community Of Volleyball1487 Words   |  6 Pagesgoal. Within the group, there are certain ways of communicating with one another, relaying information, and using common speech or terms that everyone in the group understands. Being part of different discourse communities can help dev elop different writing styles and skills. A non-school discourse community that helped me develop as a writer was volleyball. There are many aspects to volleyball that a player has to understand: the common goals, the rules, and the terminology. Being a part of the volleyballRead MoreAutonomous Cars : Tension Between Occupant Experience And Intersection Capacity1209 Words   |  5 PagesThe article â€Å"Autonomous Cars: The tension between occupant experience and intersection capacity†, by Le Vine, et al. is designed to help get a better understanding of the questions that are raised about how effective the experience riding in an autopilot car can be for daily efficiency. It also examines the effects that these cars have on road networks for traffic managers when designing how roads are created. The majority of the article compares and contrast high speed trains and autonomous carsRead More Reflection on My Portfolio Essay1110 Words   |  5 PagesReflection on My Portfol io Literature has fascinated me from an early age. I was always an extremely active child, yet all I needed to settle down was a good book. The worlds created from the page within my mind were wondrous and amazing. However, I never imagined that I would become an English Literature major in college. Like many others before me, I wasn’t sure what you could do with an English major but teach or write, neither of which I planned on doing. A business or management majorRead More Logic, Imagination and Deduction Essay784 Words   |  4 PagesThese are some of the common inquisitions I heard while trying my best to pay attention during elementary school classes. It seems that I had some issues with staying on task. Perhaps it was a problem that I would outgrow, or at least be able to control, but as the years went on by I found that time did not change me. What a break! It turns out that using my imagination has helped me numerous times in solving networking issues, writing code, troubleshooting electronic devices, and designing complexRead MoreHow Technology Can Make Learning More Accessible1658 Words   |  7 Pagespeople to achieve a brighter future based on their background and experiences. In the beginning of the book, the readers are questioned about their previous jobs and what the level of literacy demands was required in that generation period. To better understand the book, I took the question to myself to ask my parents that question, since my generation demands the same demands throughout the five years that I have begun working. My father answered that in his early generation, around the 1980s, peopleRead MoreDon t Drop Out By Article890 Words   |  4 PagesCongratulations on getting your article â€Å"Don’t Drop Out† published. After reading the piece it has for certain committed me to finishing my undergraduate degree. I’m sure it is going to have the same impact on almost all your readers. I say this with full confid ence because you are speaking from personal experience as someone who was on the verge of dropping out but decided to stay in the fight till the end. You’ve produced an effective article and I wouldn’t change much to it. As a fellow colleagueRead MoreTeaching Education At The University Of Virginia s College At Wise Essay1532 Words   |  7 PagesUniversity of Virginia’s College at Wise. During my time at the university, I gained a thorough knowledge of English Literature, writing, and teaching pedagogue. Through this experience, I have developed and changed my teaching philosophy. I have had the opportunity to see new and exciting teaching techniques and observe under some great teachers with excellent ideas. I plan to create a safe, creative, and comfortable classroom environment for my students. I believe students learn better when they

No comments:

Post a Comment