.

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Leonardo Da Vinci Background (Art History Final)

For my final project I felt a drawing off would be best, for I am not much of a painter, a carver, or a photographer. In fact as far as dainty abilities I am really only good at drawing, so it was not hard to decide what I would do. I thought I would have trouble choosing a drawing at first, for piecey artists we examine were painters, exclusively then I remembered Leonardo Da Vinci was a man of legion(predicate) talents, and one of those talents was drawing.So I decided to replicate a drawing he had intended to become a sculpture of a horse, but was unfortunately never built in his lifetime. I used innocent materials to recreate the drawing, using just a regular pencil, some thickheaded sketching paper, and lots of time and patience. Leonardo Da Vinci was adept at many things such as painting, drawing, sculpting, engineering, and took a special interest in scholarship and anatomy. He was both an artist and a scientist.In fact, if he were to tell you his profession, he may h ave told you any number of things a painter, an engineer, a cartographer. His talents seemed immeasurable and it appears he made his best efforts to explore all he mayhap could of his talents. The horse I decided to replicate was originally meant to be the largest horse fancier model in the world. The man who asked Da Vinci to create the sculpture was named Ludovico il Moro. He was the Duke of Milan and requested the statue be built to honor his father, Francesco, in the yr of 1482.Da Vinci first drew sketches of what the statue would look like and began making the sculpture from clay. unfortunately in 1499 the French destroyed his clay model and the sculpture remained desolate for centuries. Since 1970, however, there have been many replicas made from Leonardo Da Vincis many drawings of the potential horse sculpture. Some of these replicas can be shew in Hungary, Italy, and the USA in various sizes and interpretations of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment