.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

College Entrance Essay: Moving to the US :: essays research papers

University of Washington Admissions EssayThe challenging family situation I would corresponding to share with you is our move from Korea to the UnitedStates. In 1989, my life was changed when my family immigrated to a unexampled country, hoping for a betterfuture. My life in Korea was hopeless, because I was a failing student with not much interest in school. I fagged the majority of my time in Arcades, wasting my coins on video games. kind of than fielding with myfriends, as I had told my parents I would, I obsessed oer the games. The only positive aspect to my lifewas my private computer computer programing lessons. Programming in Apple BASIC presented me with anopportunity to create my admit world. One day, my parents told me that we were going to move to theUnited States of America, and I developed a strong feeling that my life soon would change forever. After disbursal eleven years in Korea, our family moved a totally varied environment. This I k untested wouldbe my to ughest challenge to date. As a fifth grader aid a new elementary school in a new country, Ifelt left out because of my inability to communicate. Some kids fictive that I did not understand them atall, so they made impolite remarks about me. I understood them, maybe not completely, but I knew the intentof their messages. All that I had was my Apple II computer at which I just sat and programmed when Icame home from school. At home, my parents pressured me to study all of the time, but I was frustratedand wanted to return to Korea. I wanted to go back and talk freely with my friends and play games withthem. My parents frequently told me that they decided to move here because of the educational opportunities,yet I go on to rebel and refused to listen to what they said.Over time, my English improved. I moved on to regular sixth grade classes some of which werechallenging, but tolerable because of my teachers whom were unforced to help. I always enjoyed class tripsto the computer l ab, where I would start computer programming on the computer. Other kids would start to gatheraround and treat me resembling a genius. Before long, I made more friends and found that I was enjoying school.Thoughts of going back to Korea faded, and my grades rose to a satisfactory level. This pleased myparents who directly encouraged me to invite friends to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment