.

Sunday, February 3, 2019

College Admissions Essay: The Power of the Mind and Spirit

The Power of the Mind and Spirit   Confucius compares education to the sculpting of marble. He said, Just as the sculptor is to the marble, so is education to the soul. It releases it. For only educate men are free men. I see college as an unexpendable time in my life when I can begin my excursion to find the freedom that Confucius so eloquently describes. While in college, I want my education to bring me face to face with the awesome force of the human spirit and the human mind working together to strive the beautiful and the revolutionary.   I believe that there is no nobler purpose than the attempt to find freedom, and having said this, I want my college education to be more(prenominal) than an attempt to earn a degree. It is my hope that because of college I will realize...

No comments:

Post a Comment